The Promotion Unit promotes research, manages funds, trains and advises researchers. It also manages communication media to disseminate research projects and activities. The Unit is divided into four major areas with their respective activities and services to the research community.
A. Management and promotion of research
- Advice to research units in the identification and formulation of interdisciplinary and interinstitutional research proposals.
- Invitation of experts, working meetings, attention to questions, search of evaluators and integration of evaluation commissions.
- Supporting researchers in the process of formulating and presenting projects to different entities.
- Management of endorsements for research projects that researchers present to different funding sources.
- Training of researchers in formulation, presentation and processing of projects and proposals.
B. Cooperation and financial aid for research
- Management of internal and external resources and support in the formulation of national and international cooperation projects.
- Support in organizing academic activities aimed at strengthening external cooperation in both directions.
- Management of financial aid calls, prizes and awards from the Vice Rector’s Office for Research and external institutions.
- Search and identification of sources of external financial aid for research projects.
- Definition of strategies with national and international organizations, enterprises and institutions to promote research.
C. Communication and dissemination of research
- Communication and dissemination of the research work in all areas of the UCR.
- Production and coordination of media and communication tools of the Vice Rector’s Office for Research in its different formats.
- Management of information about research and scientific topics in internal, national and international media.
- Organization of activities related to scientific dissemination inside and outside the Institution.
- Attention of journalists, disseminators, researchers, students, and international visitors related to research topics and science dissemination.
- Management and administration of social networks of the Vice Rector’s Office for Research.
- Monitoring, following up and responding contents of internal and external media.
D. Miscellaneous activities
- Participation in national and international institutional and inter-institutional commissions related to the Vice Rector’s Office for Research.
- Coordination with the Office of Dissemination and Information (ODI) of different activities or advertisements.
- Institutional representation to national and international commissions, organizations, and institutions.
- Elaboration of plans, proposals, documents, and reports about the activities of the Promotion Unit and the Vice-Rector’s Office.
- Creation, development, and maintenance of databases of internal and external public.
- Coordination with external providers and management of communication services.
Licda. Ana Cristina Alvarado Ulloa
Chief of Promotion Unit
Lic. César Augusto Parral
Licda. Jeannette Acón Matamoros
Public Relations Specialist
Licda. Alicia Mata Castro
Business manager:7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Bach. Ana Isabel Gamboa Camacho
External Financial Aid Counselor
M.Sc. Manrique Vindas Segura
Journalist: 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Lic. Jorge Pérez Astúa
Administrative Assistant:7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.